Français English Español Català
Conditions Gerona The Village Contact Links Location
     Home
     Description
     Photo gallery
     Set & Activities
     Rates
     Guestbook
     The Region
     Activities
     Events
Recommend the site   

You can recommend the website to a friend here.
Email: 
Share social network   
webs turisticas
THE VILLAGE

  Camping Girona Can Toni Manescal is 2 km far from Fornells de la Selva. Fornells de la Selva is located in the valley of the Onyar, at the south of the city of Girona. It borders the municipalities of Girona at the north, Quart and Llambilles at the east, Campllong and Riudellots at the south and Vilablareitg and Aiguaviva at west.


Entering Fornells de la Selva in the North, we can observe the sculpture Fornells by the artist Ció AVELLI. The Governor tower dating from the fifteenth century is an architectural landmark. It was named by Pere de Cardona and Requesens, Governor General of Catalonia (1543-1593). His son Enric de Cardona and Erill continued in the same position. The farmhouse was purchased by the City of Fornells de la Selva. After restoring, now is the Casa de la Villa. Note the door where in one of the stones you can see a mezuzah with a Hebrew inscription.

The railway museum is located at the railway station, curiously maintained by the Friends of the Railroad of the surrounding region. It has an outdoor area with a small train for children, now in carriages. Both the museum and the track is open to the public the second and fourth Sunday of each month.

In front of the station, in the park of the circuit, there is a steam locomotive built in 1905 completely restored. Locomotive is no. Krauss July 5267 circulated by the lines of Palamos and Sant Feliu. He is accompanied by a wagon train of Olot. Near the station, we found a Diesel shunting locomotive of 1967 perfectly restored. It weighs 50 tons and has a length of eleven meters.

Then there is the Sitja, building constructed in 1968 by the Ministry of Agriculture, intended primarily for storing wheat and barley. The work at that time was very modern. It was purchased by the City of Fornells de la Selva in 1995 and is currently in phase to be the Civic and Cultural Center of Fornells de la Selva.


Fornells de la Selva also has El Castillo, quoted as 1047, owned by Bernat Ermengol. Over the years it has been owned by various noble families and since 1876 owned by the Berenguer family. Currently and once rehabilitated, lies his daughter Maria.

South of town, next to the highway and close to the Campllong Bugantó laugh, there is an old oak, whose trunk has a circumference of 3.20 meters. Due to its age and measures it has been listed by the City of Fornells as a local interest.


Services:
Fornells is 1 km from the Highway NII
Renfe rail stop, Barcelona-Girona-PortBou
Metropolitan Transportation Girona (L-10)
Girona City 6 km
Girona Costa Brava Airport 7 Km
Costa Brava, 26 Km
Figueres Town Museum 40 km
Olot Volcanic Earth 49 Km
French Border 62 Km
Barcelona 94 Km





Web design Web10Plus.  Optimal resolution 1024 x 768.
Location  | LINKS  | CONTACT  | THE VILLAGE  | GERONA  | CONDITIONS